Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4/35 Infant Car Seat Review
The Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 is a rear-facing car seat for babies between the weight of 4 to 35 pounds and for babies up to 32 inches tall. It is designed with a “Right Tight System” base to securely lock the base in place, added stability, and it has an innovative shell design for superior safety and comfort. The base includes a built-in anti-rebound bar for extra protection. This car seat comes in at 9.5 pounds, and the handle is short and compact making it easier to carry and move about. The car seat, if needed, can be used without the base and has a color coded belt routing guides to ensure proper attachment.
- Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 Infant Car Seat boasts a modern look plus innovative features that take child comfort and restraint systems to an improved new level of safety and design
- Safely seats children weighing 4 to 35 lb.; and fits infants up to 32″ tall
- 5-point adjustable harness with elastic straps keep harness out of the way when placing infant in car seat
- Dual Stage Cushion System utilizes 2 cushions to properly position baby’s head and shoulders within the protected side wings
- Shell is lined with perforated, energy-absorbing EPS foam for safety and maximum air circulation
- Side Impact Protection (SIP) is adjustable to 6 different positions with no re-threading required
- Includes a LATCH-equipped base with a rounded bottom and anti-rebound bar for a better vehicle fit and added protection
- Right Tight System easily and securely locks the base in place with a LATCH strap or vehicle’s seat belt
- Car seat can be safely installed in a vehicle without the base
- Seat and handlebar have color coded belt paths to help in belt routing if the base is not in use
- Directly attaches to Peg Perego strollers, except the Skate and Pliko Mini, without the need for adaptors to create a travel system
- Infinite seat recline with turning knob adjustment and tri-zone level indicator allows you to precisely find the proper seat angle
- Adjustable, removable UPF 50+ protection-rated canopy
- Short, compact handle makes it easy to carry and move in and out of a car
- Removable, hand-washable fabric
- Certified for aircraft use
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Model V03US35PG13PP13
- Measured Carrier Weight: ~ 9 pounds
- Base Weight: ~ 7.5 pounds
- Base Dimensions: ~ 19″ long, 14.5″ wide maximum at belt path
- Carrier maximum width: 17″ at handle
- Minimum Harness Height: ~ 5″ with Stage 1+2 inserts
- Maximum Harness Height: ~ 11.5″
- Crotch Strap Depth: ~ 6.5″ without inserts
- Inside seated head height limit: ~ 18.5″ (Maximum height is ~19.5″ at highest harness adjustment)
- Interior width: 12-13″
Safety and Design
The innovative and upscale shell design of the Primo Viaggio 4-35 optimizes baby’s safety and comfort at any growth stage. Side Impact Protection (SIP) is adjustable to six different positions with no re-threading required to protect baby’s head and shoulders at any growth stage. An energy absorbing EPS lined shell enhances protection and is perforated to guarantee maximum air circulation. Dual Stage Cushion System includes TWO cushions to properly position baby’s head and shoulders within the protected side wings.
Ease of Use
The Primo Viaggio 4-35 weighs 9.5 pounds, allowing easy portability from car to stroller. The patented handle design is short and compact, which makes it easier to move in and out of a vehicle. The Primo Viaggio 4-35 can be used without the base, and seat and handlebar have color coded belt paths to help in belt routing. The Primo Viaggio 4-35 can attach directly to all Peg Perego strollers (except the Skate and Pliko Mini), without the need for adapters.
Base with “Right Tight System”
The base for the Primo Viaggio 4-35 is equipped with the “Right Tight System,” which easily and securely locks the base in place for added stability with either the LATCH strap or the vehicle seat belt. The base has color coded belt paths, which act as a guide for the vehicle seat belt routing. A modern design with a rounded shape bottom allows for a better fit and is gentle on any vehicle upholstery. The Primo Viaggio 4-35 base includes a built-in anti-rebound bar for superior protection in the event of a collision.
The Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Rain Cover keeps your baby protected in inclement weather.
The Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Clima is a temperature regulating microfiber car seat cover designed to keep your little ones warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
The Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Igloo Cover is a cover for cold weather. It has a weatherproof outside layer and the inner has Thermore Eco Down to keep baby’s temperature regulated.
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 Car Seat
Car Seat Installation -- Primo Viaggio 4-35 with Base Using LATCH
This instructional video shows you how to install the Primo Viaggio 4-35 with the base, using LATCH.
Car Seat Installation -- Primo Viaggio 4-35 Base Using Seat Belt
This instructional video shows you how to install the Primo Viaggio 4-35 car seat using the base with seat belt.
Car Seat Installation -- Primo Viaggio 4-35 without Base
This instructional video shows you how to install the Primo Viaggio 4-35 car seat without the base. It shows both European and American style installation.
Designed and manufactured by the Perego Family since 1949.
After 60 years of making carriages, strollers, car seats, high chairs and kid-sized riding toys, the Peg Perego family is known for designing products to meet needs. Every step in the process, from engineering, to production, to shipping, is performed by Peg Perego and no one else–ensuring our customers get top quality products.
The Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 earned the highest overall score in our review. It has a very nice appealing look car seat that comes with some interesting features and performed as well in tests. This seat is very easy to install, no matter which type you choose, but it is particularly easy to manage without the base installed in your car. When compared side-by-side with the competition this seat really shines and impresses with its quality and comfort scores. The only drawback possibly would be that it has a slightly higher price tag than others. However, the higher price could be justified given how well it performed in testing. Overall, we really liked the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 and gave it our Editors’ Choice award.
The Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4-35 is a beautiful rear-facing car seat with some excellent safety features, like the anti-rebound bar on the base, which offers better protection in the event of front and rear collisions.
- Push-on LATCH connectors
- Harness adjustment does not require rethreading harness
- Multiple range recline indicator
- Ease to maneuver
- Not enough recline adjustment to reach the 4-11lb range in some vehicles
- Can be difficult to hold the needed tension on seat belt while closing the lock off
- Little on the large side and heavier than average