Chicco Fit2 Car Seat Review
The Chicco Fit2 is a newer car seat from Chicco, it is a first-of-its-kind rear-facing Car Seat designed with two unique positions to accommodate both infants and toddlers, making it easier to stay rear-facing position for the first two years. The key innovation of the Chicco Fit2 car seat is in the intelligent 2-stage design. Without taking up more room in your car, the Fit2 base easily converts from Infant Position to Toddler Position by using the built-in stage-position lever.
Stage 1, for 0-12m / Infant position
Designed with more reclined seating with removable head canopy and body support for newborns and infants from 4-35 lbs and up to 35″.
Stage 2, for 9-24m / Toddler position
Gives more upright, spacious seating with adjustability to accommodate growing toddlers from 15-35 lbs and up to 35″.
The 7-position headrest and padded no-rethread harness provide adjustability to accommodate growth throughout both stages. Just like the number 1-rated Chicco KeyFit car seat, the Fit2 base is designed with easiest-to-install functionality.
A one-hand ReclineSure Leveling foot and two RideRight bubble levels help parents achieve and verify the proper angle in their vehicle seat.
The one-pull LATCH connectors and a force-multiplying Super Cinch tightener help achieve a secure fit with a fraction of the effort! Plus, an integrated stabilizer bar increases surface contact between the base and vehicle seat, providing added support and leverage for a secure install.
Bottom line, the Fit2 retains everything we know and love about the Chicco KeyFit and adds a 7-position no-rethread harness, an anti-rebound bar on the base, premium Italian fabrics (Legato, and fleur, initially), European beltpath routing for installations without the base and you can get a lot more use out of it before your children outgrows it.
The only downside we find with the Chicco Fit2 is the additional features add extra weight to the carrier pushing it over 11 lbs and making it a poor choice for parents that plan to carry it on regular basis.
Compatible with most Chicco strollers:
Urban 6-in-1 Stroller
Bravo Quick-Fold Stroller
Bravo LE Quick-Fold Stroller
BravoFor2 Two-Passenger Stroller
Viaro 3-Wheel Stroller
Activ3 Jogging Stroller
Tre Jogging Stroller
KeyFit Caddy Car Seat Carrier
Cortina Magic Full-Size Stroller
Cortina CX Full-Size Stroller
Cortina Together Two-Passenger Stroller
As the first of its kind rear-facing infant & toddler car seat, the Fit2™ makes it easy to stay rear-facing for the first two years with a unique, two-stage design.
- Stage One: Infant Position 0 – 12 Months
Designed for newborns and infants from 4 – 35 lb. and up to 35″, stage one features more reclined seating and removable head/body support
- Stage Two: Toddler Position 9 – 24 Months
Accommodating growing toddlers from 15 – 35 lb. and up to 35″, stage two boasts more upright, spacious seating with adjustability and extended legroom without occupying any more space in the vehicle!
- Easily lift the built-in, stage-position lever to convert the base from infant position to toddler position
- Accommodates growth throughout both stages thanks to the seven-position headrest and padded, no-rethread harness
- ReclineSure® Leveling foot, RideRight® bubble levels, and SuperCinch® LATCH tightener simplify the installation process
- Use the Fit2™ with Chicco strollers to create a travel system (strollers sold separately)
- Machine-washable, premium Italian fabrics are comfortable and add a sophisticated aesthetic
- Easily adjust the carry handle, harness tightener, and headrest with one hand
- Includes removable head and body supports for newborns and smaller infants
- From the makers of the number-one-rated KeyFit® infant car seat
The Fit2 is a first-of-its-kind rear-facing Car Seat designed with two unique positions to accommodate infants and toddlers, making it easy to stay rear-facing for the first two years. A built in stage-position lever lifts easily to convert the car seat base from Stage 1 to Stage 2 with one motion, creating more upright, spacious seating for growing toddlers.
In Stage 1, the Fit2 functions like a traditional rear-facing infant seat, offering more reclined seating with removable head and body support to accommodate newborns and smaller infants from 0 to 12 months. In Stage 2, the Fit2 easily transitions to offer a more mature seating position and extended leg room for toddlers from 9 to 24 months – without taking up extra space in the vehicle! A 7-position headrest and padded no-rethread harness provide adjustability to accommodate growth throughout both stages.
Just like number 1-rated Chicco KeyFit, the Fit2 base is designed with easiest-to-install functionality. A one-hand ReclineSure Leveling foot and two RideRight bubble levels help achieve and verify proper angle in the vehicle seat. Premium LATCH connectors and a force-multiplying Super Cinch tightener help achieve a secure fit with a fraction of the effort! Plus, an integrated stabilizer bar increases surface contact between the base and vehicle seat, providing added support and leverage for a secure install.
The Fit2 is designed for use from 4-35 pounds in Stage 1/Infant Position, and from 15-35 pounds in Stage 2/Toddler Position, and up to 35 inches.
By blending real-world knowledge with cutting-edge research, Chicco provides mothers & children with simple, state-of-the-art solutions to improve everyday life and help them grow happily.
- 2-Stage base converts from Infant Position to Toddler Position, making it easy to stay rear-facing for the first 2 years
- Provides more upright, spacious seating with adjustability and extended leg room for toddlers 9-24 months – without taking up extra space in the vehicle!
- Easiest to install with ReclineSure Leveling foot, RideRight bubble levels, and SuperCinch LATCH tightener
- Compatible with Chicco strollers for travel system use
- From the makers of the number 1-rated KeyFit Infant Car Seat
- 7-position adjustable headrest
Lowest harness height with newborn insert: about 6″
Lowest harness height without newborn insert: about 8″
Tallest harness height: about 13″
- Crotch strap/buckle positions (without insert): 4.5″, 6″
- Internal shell height: 22.5″ at max height setting
- Width of base at belt path: 9″
- Width of base at widest point: 15.25″
- Width of carrier at widest point: 17″ at handle hubs
- Carrier weight: 11.2 lbs.
- 4 lbs
- 35 lbs
Typically with new lines, accessories are limited at the time of review. The only accessory currently available for the Fit2 is an additional Chicco Fit2 Base. Purchasing an additional base is always a good idea if you have more than one car and your baby will regularly be traveling in a different car. Owning a second base prevents parents from installing the base repeatedly and allows for easier transfer of the carrier as opposed to installing the entire seat base again and again. The Fit2 2-Year Rear-Facing Infant & Toddler Car Seat Base is a fraction of the price of buying an additional car seat and could save parents with two cars money in the long run.
Chicco Fit2 Car Seat Installation Videos
Chicco Fit2 Car Seat
Introducing a first-of-its-kind innovation, the Fit2™ 2-year rear-facing infant and toddler car seat. Informed by the latest in safety research and designed by the ...
Chicco Fit2 Car Seat Demo
Learn about all the features of the Chicco Fit2 rear-facing infant and toddler car seat.
Chicco Fit2 Car Seat - Using the 2 stages
Learn how to switch your Fit2 from stage 1 to stage 2 so your child can remain rear-facing for 2 years.
Chicco Fit2 Car Seat - Installing without a base
Learn how to install the Fit2 if you don't have a base.
Chicco Fit2 Car Seat - Installing the seat belt
Learn how to install the Fit2 base using the lap and shoulder belt.
Chicco Fit2 Car Seat - Installing LATCH
Learn how to install LATCH with your Fit2 base.
Chicco Fit2 Car Seat - Securing your child correctly
Learn how to correctly secure your child in the Fit2.
Chicco Fit2 Car Seat - Removing and replacing the fabrics
Learn how to remove the soft goods from the Fit2 for easy cleaning.
Chicco (kee-ko) is the largest baby brand in Europe and has been part of the Artsana Group for over 50 years. The Artsana Group is an innovative lifestyle company that offers a variety of products that include baby feeding, gear to medical supplies. Chicco was founded by Enrico Catelli, which offers baby related products from before birth to preschool age, their products are now in more than 120 countries over six continents.
The Chicco Fit 2 is a high-end Chicco car seat with a perfect score for LATCH installation making it a great choice for parents that worry about installing a car seat correctly. It is a beautiful looking car seat, that is easy to use, has additional padding and features for comfort making it a baby carrier that both parents and the little one can agree on. We really like this product and would recommend it to a friend, but it might not be the best choice for people on a strict budget or for those who always on the go. Due to a higher than average carrier weight, we believe most parents will not like lugging this bad boy for long distances, even though it is super easy to install without the base.
Easy to install and use seat made with quality materials, but has limited stroller options.
- Super easy to install properly
- Harness is smooth and easy to tighten
- Stabilizer bar (anti-rebound bar) on base
- Energy-absorbing EPS foam lining the shell and adjustable head support
- Generous canopy
- Comfortable, well-padded cover
- Cover is machine washable
- Made with quality materials
- Not widely available. Babies R Us exclusive (for now).
- A bit on the heavy side, 12.07 lbs. with carrier
- Only compatible with Chicco strollers (at this time)