Weber Genesis II LX E-340 Gas Grill Review
Looking back, if you were wanting to purchase a Weber Genesis II Gas Grill, your selection was limited to colors, whether or not to have a side burner, and a couple minor design elements, like stainless steel hood and doors.
Now, it has become a very popular grill and currently has a number of sizes, starting from a small two-burner unit to the monster six-burner. The Weber LX series of Genesis grills takes the line to a new high-end position. Whereas before the standard Genesis II grill was made in China, now the LX series is being manufactured in the United States in the same factor that once made all of the Genesis and Summit series gas grills.
But currently, it isn’t just the variety of the number of burners (there are also now two, four and six burner versions of this model). The entire cooking system has been redesigned, most notably, the burners with what they call the GS4 cooking system. In the past, the burners on a Weber gas grill were the typical stainless steel tubular burners. Today the new burners are rectangular, top ported and tapered. What this means is that the fire shots directly up into the “flavorizer” bars and are tapered to provide excellent even heat from front to back. Simply put, the gas pressure inside the burner is the same all they way through so that the flames have the exact same pressure through every port. This offers the Weber Genesis II LX S-340 Gas Grill, one of the evenest heat of any gas grill on the market today.
Liquid Propane - Stainless Steel
Natural Gas - Stainless Steel
The GS4 Grilling System
The Power to Bring People Together
The GS4 High-Performance Grilling System sets a new standard in the world of backyard cuisine and lands the Genesis II and Genesis II LX series of gas grills in a class of their own. This innovative grilling system is based on over 30 years of grilling experience, culinary expertise, and most importantly, avidly considering the wants and needs of the people who matter most – the grilling community.
Each component of GS4 was uniquely designed for ease-of-use and to provide an unequaled satisfaction to your backyard grilling experience. Promising burners that are ensured to ignite every time, smoke infused food that grills evenly and consistently regardless of where it’s placed on the cooking grate, and hassle-free cleanup; you are able to focus on what it’s is all about – bringing people together around the grill.
The other innovation with the model is the new ignition system. Turn the control knobs and the igniters continuously keep the burners lit.
These igniters sit under a protective cuff that Weber is confident will allow them to last for ten years. They even warranty the ignition system for that long, giving this grill the longest and most complete warranty in the industry. Weber’s legendary support remains unchanged and with this warranty, the rest of the business is going to have to catch up on reliability.
The GS4 grilling system is composed of four key components: The Infinity Ignition, High-Performance Burners, Flavorizer Bars, and Grease Management System. These components ensure that every aspect of your grilling experience is easy and reliable; from the moment the burners are lit to the general maintenance of your grill. And together, create the strongest grilling engine within every Genesis II and Genesis II LX grill.
Four key components of the GS4 grilling system
The Infinity Ignition is guaranteed to ignite every time. Backed by a generous warranty, rest assured that you’ll be up-and-grilling the first time, every time.
The unique, tapered shape delivers a consistent gas ﬂow from front to back. This provides ultimate heat distribution, ensuring that food grills evenly and consistently anywhere on the cooking grate.
The classic Weber Flavorizer bars are angled just right to catch drippings that smoke and sizzle, adding that irresistible smoky ﬂavor we all know and love to your food. Any drippings not vaporized follow the slope and are funneled away from the burners, down into the grease management system.
Grease Management System
The grease management system helps with the removal of grease while reducing the risk of ﬂare-ups. Grease drippings that are not vaporized by the Flavorizer bars are funneled away from the burners into the disposable drip tray, located within the catch pan under the cookbox. Simply remove the catch pan and replace the drip tray as needed.
Stainless Steel Cooking Grates
Premium stainless steel rod cooking grates provide even heat distribution across the entire grilling surface and retain heat for chef-inspired sear marks. Made of high-quality stainless steel and built to last.
All burners can be turned up to the highest setting for an added boost of heat anywhere on the cooking grate. The High+ setting provides a quicker preheat and higher grilling temperatures.
Side Tables with Integrated Tool Hooks
Use the side tables to keep platters, seasonings, and tools within arm’s reach. Hang your essential grilling tools on the hooks for easy access and organization of your backyard workspace. The side table folds down in models equipped with two and three burners.
Tuck-Away Warming Rack
The Tuck-Away warming rack keeps food warm or toasts burger buns, as the main meal grills below. The unique Tuck-Away feature allows you to fold it down when not in use, providing optimal grilling space and convenient in-the-grill storage.
The powerful LED illuminates the entire cooking area of the grill so that you see the true color of your food. To save energy, the light will automatically turn off when the lid is closed.
Lighted Control Knobs
With a push of a button, the control knobs light up to offer optimal control while night-time grilling. Whether throwing a dinner party, or a daytime BBQ, you’ll never have to sacrifice convenience or usability due to the time of day.
- The new GS4™ grilling system is composed of four key components: The electronic ignition, high-performance burners, Flavorizer™ bars and grease management system. These components ensure that every aspect of your grilling experience is easy and reliable; from the moment the burners are lit to the general maintenance of your grill. And together, create the strongest grilling engine within every Genesis® II and Genesis® II LX grill.
- iGrill 3 compatible: The newest grilling essential – the iGrill™ 3 digital Bluetooth thermometer monitors food from beginning to end, displaying the real-time temperature on your mobile device. Once you’ve downloaded the Weber iGrill™ app, connect the iGrill™ to Bluetooth and run up to four thermometer probes from your grill to the food (sold separately).
- Always know where you stand. The easy-to-read fuel gauge located next to the gas tank lets you see how much fuel is left in the tank at all times. Rest assured knowing that you will not run out of gas halfway through your next grilling experience.
- Use the side tables to keep platters, seasonings, and tools within arm’s reach. Hang your essential grilling tools on the hooks for easy access and organization of your backyard workspace. The side table folds down in models equipped with two and three burners.
- The Tuck-Away™ warming rack keeps food warm or toasts burger buns, as the main meal grills below. The unique Tuck-Away™ feature allows you to fold it down when not in use, providing optimal grilling space and convenient in-the-grill storage.
- The unique tapered shape of the high-performance burners delivers consistent gas flow from front to back. This provides the ultimate heat distribution, ensuring that all food grills evenly and consistently anywhere on the cooking grate.
- The grease management system helps with the removal of grease while reducing the risk of flare-ups. Drippings that are not vaporized by the Flavorizer™ bars are funneled away from the burners into the disposable drip tray, located within the catch pan under the cookbox. Simply remove the catch pan and replace the drip tray as needed.
- The electronic ignition is ensured to ignite every time. Backed by a generous 10-year warranty, you can rest assured that you’ll be up and grilling for the first time, every time
- Gas Type: Liquid Propane
- Primary Material: Steel
- Grate Material: Stainless steel
- Number of Main Burners: 3
- BTU Output: 43,500 BTU
Weights & Dimensions
|Overall –||4′ H x 2′ 5” D|
|Overall –||5′ 3” H x 2′ 9” D|
|Overall||4′ 11” W|
|Primary Cooking Surface Area||513 square inches|
|Overall Product Weight||228 lb.|
|Gas Type||Liquid Propane|
|Grate Material||Stainless steel|
|Number of Main Burners||3|
|BTU Output||43500 BTUs|
|Installation Type||Free standing|
|Ignition Type||Electronic ignition|
|Number of Grates||2|
|Main Burner Configuration||All conventional|
|Powder Coated Finish||Yes|
|Grill Size||Small (10 – 19 burgers)|
|Compatible Grill Cover Part Number||7130|
|Wheels Included||Yes (Locking Wheels)|
|Compatible Griddle Part Number||7599|
|Side Shelf or Table Included||Yes|
|Number of Cabinets||2|
|Fuel Size Compatibility||20 Pounds|
|Motorized Hood||By hand|
|Drip Tray Included||Yes (Removable Drip Tray)|
|Number of Handles||3|
|Exterior Tool Hooks||Yes-3|
|PTFE or PFOA||Yes|
|Weather Resistant Details||Weather-resistant finish|
|Product Care||Wipe down the surfaces with warm soapy water|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Product Warranty||10 years|
|Commercial ONLY Certifications||Yes|
|Commercial OR Residential Certifications||Yes|
|California Residents: Proposition 65 warning||Yes|
The easiest way to up your grilling game is to start experimenting with accessories. All it takes are the proper tools to turn your backyard into a fully functioning outdoor kitchen.
- Weber-Stephen Products 7130 Weber Genesis II Cover
- Weber iGrill 3 Thermometer
- Weber 6415 Small 7-1/2-Inch-by-5-inch Aluminum Drip Pans, Set of 10
- Weber-Stephen Products 7653 Weber Rotisserie for Genesis II & II LX 4 & 6 Burner Grills
- Weber 7616 Elevations Tiered Cooking System Vegetable Basket with Frame
- Weber-Stephen Products 8854 Weber Genesis II Sear Grate
- Weber-Stephen Products 7599 Weber Genesis II Griddle
Weber Genesis II LX E-340 Videos
Learn more about the
Weber Genesis II LX E-340 Gas Grill
Which Weber Genesis II Is Right For You?
We offer 8 models of the new Genesis II grills - one for every life stage and every lifestyle. We'll walk you through the new line-up to help you choose which grill ...
What is GS4?
The GS4™ High Performance Grilling System sets a new standard in the world of backyard cuisine, and lands the Genesis® II and Genesis® II LX series of gas ...
How to install iGrill 3 on the new Weber Genesis II
Find out just how easy it is to install iGrill 3 into the Genesis II gas grills!
Inspired by his passion for grilling the best steaks for family and friends, Weber’s founder, George Stephen, invented the revolutionary kettle grill in 1952. George knew that a rounded cooking bowl with a lid was the key to success. He added three legs to the bottom, a handle to the top, and the rest is history.
Weber warrants, to the original purchaser, that the cook box, lid assembly, stainless steel burners, stainless steel cooking grates, stainless steel Flavorizer bars, ignition system (module, electrode wiring, and switch) and the Grease Management System are free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ten (10) years from the original date of purchase. Weber also warrants all remaining parts, including painted surfaces, for a period of two (2) years from the original date of purchase.
The Weber Genesis II LX S-340 gas grill is a full feature mid-size freestanding grill. Featuring the new GS4 system which includes an independent electronic ignition for each individual burner It has three main burners, a 12,000 BTU side burner for added cooking options and a long list of bells and whistles. These include a tank scale, illuminated control panel and complete compatibility with Weber’s iGrill 3 technology. With this added feature, you can monitor the grills cooking temperature as well as multiple food items. It will also monitor fuel levels and remotely control the lights in the control panel.
The Genesis II LX S-340 list price is $1,499 USD (typically selling for $1,299 USD) this is a good mid-size, but simple gas grill. The price of this grill is relatively high, but Weber’s construction quality is excellent and it more than delivers on all of its promises.
The one odd, even humorous feature of this gas grill is that the burners have a “High Plus” setting, meaning that you can literally turn the heat to 11.
Didn't find the right price? Set price alert below
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at Amazon.com.
- At amazon.com you can purchase Weber 61014001 Genesis II LX E-340 Liquid Propane Grill, Black for only $1,199.00
- The lowest price of Weber 66004001 Genesis II LX S-340 Natural Gas Grill, Stainless Steel was obtained on April 13, 2021 4:38 pm.
Weber’s top-of-the-line Genesis II series is packed with features; has high-performance stainless steel burners; 7mm Stainless Steel Rod Cooking Grates and Flavorizer Bars; 12,000 BTU side burner; The Genesis II LX E-340 is available in stainless steel or black; in a enclosed storage cart design; lighted control knobs; handle light; and of course outstanding service & warranty.
- Solid construction of durable parts
- Complete limited 10-year warranty
- Weber Support
- Very even heat
- Maximum heat output is comparatively low